Installation, Replacement, and Repair Services
Natural beauty, warmth and durability.
Western Red Cedar Siding is above all exceptionally beautiful. Richly textured with a subtle aromatic fragrance adds another dimension to its universal appeal.
Benefits of Cedar
- Natural oils - Acts as a preservative to resist insect attack and decay
- Dimensionally stable - Lies flat and stays straight on the wall
- Sound absorption - Excellent suppression of exterior noises
- High insulation value - The cellular molecular structure creates inner air spaces that give higher insulation values than other woods
Unofficial Grades of Cedar Siding
- Select Clear Cedar - Has no knots and is the most costly
- Select Tight Knot Cedar - The knots are tight as the term implies, the cost is less and is the most common used
- Loose Knot - The knots will fall out, is the most cost effective but it is not recommended
Finishes on Cedar can Vary:
- Natural - With no finish allowing age to gradually turn it gray or paint or stain at any time
- Stained - Arrives stained to you prior to installation
- Primer Paint - Arrives to you primed before installation. After installation, paint is applied with a color of your choice. (We do not paint)
- Finish Painted - Arrives to you primed and painted with two coats of paint before installation - color of your choice
Before installing new cedar siding, the old siding is always removed and a vapor barrier (i.e., Tyvek) is installed. The styles of cedar can range from beveled horizontally to vertically to cedar shingles.
We will supply the material of your choice and professionally install it. (We do not install material already purchased)
Maintenance of cedar siding will depend on which appearance suits you.
We use only the highest quality materials available from the world's leading manufacturers.